Singapore is not only leaving a mark on the business world but also steadily becoming one of the best academic centers. Every year a large number of students are rushing towards Singapore for the study purpose. But getting a student visa can be a tricky affair. You can either consult with your immigration consultant in Singapore or read on to get a detailed guide.
Why Study in Singapore?
Singapore has over 16 Universities among which Nanyang Technical University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS) are amongst the top-listed universities in the world. Also, many research units are providing state-of-the-art infrastructure for seamless research works.
Being a foreign national, living and studying in Singapore is far safer than living in any other Asian country. Political stability is another crucial factor that makes studying in Singapore the most preferable country around the Globe.
Singapore also offers an excellent healthcare program that covers more or less everything. Thus, in short, with its infrastructure, regulations, and benefits, Singapore is preferred as the more likely destination to study overseas.
What is a Singapore Student Pass?
Student pass simply stands for the student visa. Going for immigration solutions is the best way to ensure your process of applying to study here in Singapore is seamless for the students. Any full-time international student who wishes to study for over 30 days needs to grab hold of this ‘Student Pass’.
With the help of Student Pass, students are eligible to work part-time without the need for any work pass. Also, for graduates with Student Pass, Universities are eligible to pay for your family to visit for 4 weeks. Consult with your immigration consultants to know more about the perks of the Singapore Student Pass.
Here we list down all the essential documents you’ll need to go for the Student Pass. All these must be translated into English.
- Your application form of the letter of acceptance.
- Passport-sized photograph, not less than 6 months old.
- Application fee for the student visa.
- Your finance sources. The bank details must be original and must be from the last 28 days.
- All the mark sheets you have till your last degree.
- An affidavit must be provided by your sponsor on Rs.20 stamp paper.
- If any, you need to provide your employment experience.
- Sanction document of your bank loan.
- Medical certificates in compliance with the ICA.
- Your standardized test (GMAT, GRE, etc.) score.
- Birth certificate and identity card.
Steps in applying for the Singapore student pass
Once you have organized all your documents, you need to follow the following steps to complete the process.
- Check if your institute has already completed your registration in the SOLAR (Student’s Pass Online Application and Registration). If not, you can call your immigrating consultants to do the needful. For the proper SOLAR application, you need to upload your name, D.O.B., gender, nationality, and course detail. You will generate a SOLAR reference number which you can access for future reference.
- After SOLAR, you need to fill in eForm16 where you need to give your passport details, email id, and your address in Singapore.
- Print both the SOLAR and eForm16 that will require ICA evaluation.
- Pay the student visa fee and wait for the results.
How To Apply for Singapore Student Visa
The success of your visa application lies in the following follow-up steps.
- It is usually 15 days to 4 weeks to process the visa after a thorough submission of the application.
- Depending on your university policy, a visa interview will be scheduled.
- You will receive your finalized visa via email or you can collect it directly from the embassy.
- The finalized visa is then required to be submitted to the ICA at least 2 months before the beginning of your course.
Registration of Application by (IHL) Institute of Higher Learning
If you can complete the process all by yourself then good. If not then you can always take help from consultants. They provide the best possible immigration solutions. However, generally, Universities complete the SOLAR registration and provide you with the reference number.
Singapore Student Visa cost
At first, you need to pay SGD 30 or $22 after successful application submission. This leads to you further paying an issuance fee of SGD 60 or $44.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Student Visa in Singapore?
The maximum processing time of Student Pass ranges from 15 days to 4 weeks. But it also varies with each institution.
It is always recommended to hire a professional immigration consultant in Singapore for an easy student visa process as they have a great amount of experience and expertise.